10.23.2008

It happened. And it was amazing. As fulfilling and life-changing as I thought it would be.

And there wasn't even much screaming involved. Just a few whispered words, some well-timed kisses...

and both boys slept IN THEIR BEDS last night!!!

And I slept in mine!!!

All alone!!!

(Well, maybe that last fact is not to be so publicly relished... but I digress...)

IT WAS SIX THIRTY IN THE MORNING BEFORE ANY CHILDREN EVEN APPROACHED MY BED!!!

I'm not sure if I'm conveying the giant-ness, the enormity of it...

IN THEIR OWN BEDS!!! ALL NIGHT!!!

Am I getting my point across?

For those of you whose offspring don't know what Mom and Dad's bed feels like, I (begrudgingly) congratulate you. For those, who, like me, have had a certain amount of trouble finding any way to make the kids stick to their own mattresses, please celebrate this milestone with me...

and let's get some fucking sleep already!

No comments: