1.02.2011

Mommy Magic

Dash:  Mamae!!  (Wail, cry...)  I hit my finger on the desk!!  (Sniff, snort...)  It really hurts!!!  (Whimper, snurfle, snerf...)

Me:  Come here, sweetie...sit down.  Tell Mamae where it hurts...  How did you run into the desk?  You guys were playing Superheroes Speedracers?  Okay, just tell me which finger...

It's fairly hard to keep a straight face when he's wearing a cock-eyed, homemade cape, a Spiderman mask, too-big pajamas, and holding up his middle finger to me.

Dash:  This one, this is the one I hit on the desk!!  (Shnarf, snort, wipe...)

Me:  Okay, lovey, do you want me to kiss it?

Dash:  Yes, please.  (Pout, shnarfle...)  Right here (still holding up his middle finger).

Me:  (Smoochie smooch...)  Does that feel better? 

Dash:  Yes, Mamae, thank you! 

Dash pops up off the kitchen floor, where the triage occurred, holds up his finger to make sure it's functioning properly, and takes off in the direction of his older brother.

Me:  You're welcome, sweetie.

Yet another adventure-filled afternoon of Superheroes Speedracers saved.

Thanks to Mommy Magic.

No comments: