2.06.2009

enough with the babytalk already

My older son wants to know if I'm going to have another baby.

Had he asked me this two mornings ago, when his baby brother was acting as if he had been possessed by the evil spawn of Lindsay Lohan and Satan himself, I would likely have thrown him a look as if I might sew his mouth shut for suggesting such a thing.

But then the turdy little thing got all sweet and cuddly and "Bye, Mamae" with a smile.

I mean, it's like they have no idea that on any given day, we are THIS close to calling in the National Guard and registering them for the nearest and meanest boot camp. Just to give them some perspective on how not-mean Mean Mommy is.

So, like I said, on that morning, another baby would have come over my cold, dead, lifeless body.

But then they smile. And they get along, and they say Please Mamae, and I love you Mamae. And on these days, it seems entirely possible to handle another child. I mean, I'm already outnumbered. Maybe a third would throw me into the seige state of mind where only what is necessary gets through.

Hmmm...

Gotta find another sucker to knock me up, first.

No comments: